Skin type: Back
Acne breakouts don’t occur on one’s face only. In some cases they spread to their chest and even back. Regardless where they are, they tend to affect person’s self-esteem and making them disappear proves to be more difficult than first thought. It is usually because we are bombarded by acne advice that will work instantly and in most cases that’s not true. Example of an effective way of treating back acne is tea tree oil.
Causes of Back Acne
Back acne can occur due to several reasons:
- Hormonal changes
- Tight clothes, especially made of synthetic materials
- Climate change
- Unhealthy diet
- Tanning beds.
Tea Tree Oil for Back Acne
Tea tree oil or melaleuca oil is an essential oil that is taken from the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia which is native to Australia. Tea tree oil is toxic when taken orally, but is widely used in cosmetic and skin can products around the globe. It has antimicrobial properties and has been proved to be effective in treatment of numerous skin conditions such as acne, dandruff, herpes, lice, and many other dermatologic conditions.
Here is how tea tree oil helps treat acne:
- Tea tree oil contains a compound terpinen-4-ol which kills acne-causing bacteria and its symptoms.
- Tea tree oil possesses antifungal and antiseptic properties that prevent acne breakouts
- Penetrates deep into the skin in order to unblock sebaceous glands to disinfect the pores and dry out the acne.
- Removes damaged skin cells of acne
- Controls oil production and balances the skin.
Tea tree oil can be used for back acne treatment in several different methods. A few of them are listed below.
- Take a tissue or cotton pad and pour a few drops of tea tree oil on it
- Apply it, gently, on acne spots. If acne spots are on hard to reach areas, then ask someone to help you
- Leave it like that over night in order to reduce the swelling and redness of the acne
- Repeat the same process every night before bedtime.
- Take a shower and instead of rubbing the towel over your skin, especially back, pat dry it
- Dilute tea tree oil in water. Ratio is 1:9, meaning one part (teaspoon, tablespoon, depends on your needs) of tea tree oil followed by 9 parts of water.
- Since acne are on your back, dip a washcloth or any rag into that water and apply on the affected areas. You can place the dipped rag onto a bath brush with long handle in order to reach all spots.
- Wash it off after a few minutes and apply moisturizer
- Do this regularly in order to eliminate acne completely.
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with a tablespoon (or two) of honey
- Apply it on affected areas and leave it on for a few hours (ideally overnight)
- Rinse it and apply moisturizer.
TIP: you can even buy products that contain tea tree oil e.g. shower gels, body lotions etc. Also, you can add a few drops of tea tree oil into your regular body care product.
Additional tool in fight vs acne
If home remedies won’t help with acne breakouts and back acne give you the uncomfortable sensation, then you will need extra help in form of Zeroblem acne treatment. Zeroblem acne treatment was subjected to numerous clinical trials and researches that all confirmed its effectiveness. This product provides a pH-balancing formula that removes your acne problem without drying out your skin and causing some other skin condition. When used regularly, Zeroblem acne treatment, skin becomes clearer, swelling and redness associated with acne are reduced along with the uncomfortable sensation.
In order to treat back acne with this product, you should use it in the evening. Take a shower before bedtime, pat dry your skin, and use a cotton pad or a tissue to apply Zeroblem acne treatment on affected areas.
5 Foods That Prevent Acne Breakouts You Should Not Miss
Back acne can be eliminated with the help of tea tree oil acne treatment. Remember, regardless what you use and what method you will incorporate, always apply acne treatment “tool” onto clean skin.